At ARC Care and Ability, our aim is to make the NDIS easy. The NDIS system can seem a bit confusing at times, let us help you navigate your way through.
Whether you are a new or existing participant, we are here to support you. We have a dedicated and specialised team ready to help you towards living independently, with our range of domestic through to complex support and plan management services.
Our Care Coordinators will meet with you personally to discuss your needs, and find the right carer to suit your requirements. We are so confident in the quality of our service, that you can leave at any time: no exit fees.
Additionally, our care workers are all highly trained and hold the following:
- A minimum of a Certificate III in Individual Support
- Working with Children Check
- Yellow Card
- National Police Check
- First Aid and CPR Certificates
Some of our services are listed below, give us a call on 1300 935 417 to discuss how we can best support you and your family.
If you need extra support due to a disability, an illness or accident, our experienced and caring staff will visit your home to support you with:
- Personal hygiene
- Getting in and out of bed
- Meal preparation and eating
- Moving around the house
Having a nutritious diet and regular meals is essential in staying healthy. If you find it difficult to prepare meals or do the shopping, we can assist you by:
- Preparing items for you to cook including providing a helping hand to cut up vegetables and other ingredients
- Support with the shopping
At ARC Care and Ability we understand that it can be hard to do basic household tasks and domestic duties.
We are here to support you with:
- General cleaning
- Laundry and washing clothes
- Washing the dishes
- House maintenance
- Shopping for groceries and other household items
- Meal preparation
We can provide assistance with managing your finances to pay your rent and other household bills such as electricity, gas and water during your transition to NDIS funding.
At ARC Care and Ability we understand the importance of participating in social, recreational and other community activities. Our dedicated carers will assist in not only finding suitable activities for you, but also be there to assist in building your confidence so that you can participate independently.
Support with a healthy lifestyle
At ARC Care and Ability we are passionate about improving your health and wellbeing. Our dedicated team will be there to support you with:
- Dietitians to provide advice on food and meal planning to help you be healthier, including taking into consideration any existing medical conditions and intolerances that you may have
- Exercise Physiologists to provide you with a personalised exercise program to help build your strength, rehabilitation and get you moving more
- One-on-one personal training by our specialist personal trainers
We also have a number of Allied Health professionals who can work with you individually or as part of a group to improve your health and wellbeing.
At ARC Care and Ability we are here to provide assistance and training to get you in control of your NDIS plan. We will work with you to ensure planned support best suits your needs and budget.
Some of our services include:
- Connecting with and coordinating support services
- Organising and maintaining housing
- Planning for changes around work, study or other aspects of your life
- Decision making, daily planning and budgeting
Development of daily living and life skills
We can assist to develop the skills needed to get ready for the day, travel independently and manage day-to-day living:
- Showering, dressing and other personal care tasks
- Household tasks including cleaning and cooking
- Life skills including budgeting and meal planning
- Travel and transport including using public transport
Frequently Asked Questions
If you or a loved one are currently receiving support from Disability Services you will be contacted approximately 6 months prior to the NDIS being available in your area. This usually involves either a face-to-face or over-the-phone access request and the transition is usually quite simple.
If you or your loved one are not currently receiving support from Disability Services, you could still be eligible for NDIS assistance. Simply call NDIA to make an access request on 1800 800 110.
Eligibility criteria for the NDIS includes:
- You must be under the age of 65 at the time of your application
- You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or visa holder
- You must meet the disability criteria under the NDIS scheme
If you are unsure if you meet the disability criteria you can check this by:
You can choose to continue receiving NDIS assistance or you can transition to the aged care system.
You will continue to receive the same support you are currently receiving under your state or federal government funding arrangements.
Everyone will have access to NDIS by 2020.
QLD participants can select this link for information on when NDIS will be available: www.ndis.gov.au/ndis-access-checklist.html
NSW participants can select this link for information on when NDIS will be available: www.ndis.nsw.gov.au/ready-for-ndis/ndis-rollout
All NDIS registered service providers can charge the maximum fee for each service as specified in the NDIS price guide. At ARC Care and Ability we charge either lower or the same fees as specified. Please contact us for a quote on the services that you require.